You have leftover rice but have no idea what to do with it? Try this super simple quick and easy egg fried rice. With just a few simple ingredients, you will have a whole new meal!
Quick and easy egg fried rice
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 1/2 medium onion cut into small cubes
- 1 small to medium carrot diced finely
- 3 green onion stalks diced finely
- 2 eggs beaten with a fork
- salt add to taste or replace with 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili oil can be replaced with diced fresh chili if you don't have chili oil but still want heat
- 2+2 tbsp oil vegetable, peanut or olive (whatever you usually cook with)
- 2 star anise pods
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- Add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to the wok. Once heated, add the carrots, garlic, onion and star anise and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the green onion and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and salt or soy sauce. Don't stir yet.
- If you have chili oil, add it to the rice. If you don't have chili oil, add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil instead and your diced chili if you still want it spicy. Add the egg.
- Stir and break up the rice, but not too vigorously. Give it a quick stir after every minute, allowing the egg to cook and also coat all ingredients.