This healthy baked oats recipe is wholesome, tasty and healthy. If you have a little more time in the mornings, do try it out. I added some banana and blueberry, but you can experiment with other fruits.
Banana and blueberry baked oats
- 1 15cm x 20cm glass oven dish
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- 160 g rolled oats
- 80 g walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 250 ml cow's milk
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 bananas 1 mashed, 1 sliced for toppings
- 250 g blueberries
- Mix the dry ingredients in the glass dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients and mashed banana. Make sure the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Add the blueberries and mix lightly.
- Bake in a 180°C preheated oven for around 45 minutes and until the blueberries have burst.
- When serving, top with sliced banana and drizzle with extra maple syrup.