Do you like roses enough to want to eat them? Well, you do get edible roses, and the petals can make for some beautiful creations. If you see a store selling rose petals and wondering what you could do with them, try out my super simple almond rose biscuits. It’s quick, easy and requires just a few ingredients.
Almond rose biscuits
- 140 g margarine can be replaced with butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tsp rose petals to scatter on the top
- Cream together margarine, icing sugar and rose essence.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Add in the flour and mix into a firm dough.
- Roll the dough until it's about 0.5cm thick.
- Place some rose petals on top of the dough and gently roll so that the petals stick to the dough.
- Cut with your desired cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 180°C.